Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Student Engagement

Ok...so we had an interesting scenario for our class last week...and it all centered around the idea of student engagement. I think this is a problem that every single teacher faces on a daily basis, no matter where you teach, what grade level, what subject area (well ok...maybe this matters sometimes), etc. I have found myself struggling with this problem, and I know that my mentor teacher also faces days (even though they are far less than mine...could be that experience! ha) where getting students engaged in the material is a huge problem. So, I pose a question to those out there...what can we do about this? I find that I try to relate all my lesson to real-world applications...to give my students a clear reason why they really do NEED to learn this material...it sometimes works...and it is often hard to remember to do every single day.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment